Parametric Sub-Bottom Profiler (SBP)
Our main product is the SES-2000 parametric sub-bottom profiler (sediment echosounder) family. There are models for a wide water depth range available, starting at shallow-water with less than one meter water depth to full-ocean depth (11,000m). Most models are vessel-based with transducers mounted over the side or at the vessel's hull, but there are also models to be used on ROV/AUV or USV and a towed SBP.
Based on its forerunner SES-96, the SES-2000 product line consists of high-quality sub-bottom profilers for a wide range of in- and offshore applications. Parametric acoustics gives you excellent resolution and good penetration into the seabed at low frequencies. The high frequency channel is used to determine the water depth with high accuracy, too. For a summary on user benefits see the applications section.
SES-2000 standard parametric sediment echosounder data example as shown during data aquisition
(frequency: 8kHz; very shallow water about 4m deep; penetration more than 8m).
Parametric SBP for shallow waters
INNOMAR offers a wide range of sediment echosounders for shallow waters with water depths up to 500 meters. A unique feature of all of these SES-2000 SBP models is the ability to work in extremely shallow waters with less than one meter water depth.
- SES-2000 compact SBP
- SES-2000 light SBP
- SES-2000 standard SBP
- SES-2000 quattro SBP with four transducers
Combined Sub-Bottom Profiler and Sidescan Sonar
There are two shallow-water SES-2000 SBP with integrated dual-frequency sidescan sonar for simultaneous operation of SBP, echosounder and sidescan available. For these models sidescan transducers can be attached to the sub-bottom transducer and up to two out of three sidescan frequencies can be selected to operate at the same time as the parametric sub-bottom profiler.
- SES-2000 light plus SBP and Sidescan
- SES-2000 standard plus SBP and Sidescan
- SES-2000 Sidescan Extension
SES-2000 sidescan data can be used for seabed classification using third-party software like Quester Tangent's QTC SWATHVIEW.
Parametric SBP for deep waters
Beside the shallow-water models there are several parametric sediment sounders for deep waters up to full ocean depth.
- SES-2000 medium-100 SBP for up to 2,000m water depth
- SES-2000 medium-70 SBP for up to 2,500m water depth
- SES-2000 deep-36 SBP for up to 6,000m water depth
- SES-2000 deep-15 SBP for up to 11,000m water depth
- SES-2000 ROV SBP for ROV installation (depth rating 2,000m)
- SES-2000 AUV SBP for AUV installation (depth rating 2,000m)
- SES-2000 towfish towed SBP (depth rating 600m)
Please see also our deep-water data examples.
All SES-2000 parametric sub-bottom profilers come with a software package for online data acquisition and converting the SES-2000 data into other data formats. For post-processing we recommmend our ISE post-processing software, but you can also use third-party software.
- SESWIN online system control and data acquisition software.
- ISE post-processing software, specialized on data acquired with the Innomar SES-2000 sub-bottom profilers.
- SES Convert data converter software (SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII), to convert Innomar SES-2000 data for using any other post-processing software.
- SES Netview Ethernet remote display software for quality assurance and supervision.
Related Documents and Publications
- Parametric Technology for High Resolution Sub-bottom Profiling
(Published in Offshore Technology International 1/2009)