Innomar's parametric sub-bottom profilers offer advantages for many applications, such as offshore wind farms, route surveys, inshore and coastal surveys, dredging and harbours, pipeline and cable detection, marine archaeology, UXO surveys and more.
Although keeping the name, all Innomar SBP models are continiously improved. There have been different names for the Innomar SBP product line, like "SES-96", "SES-2000" or "Innomar SES". In 2021 the term "SES-xxx" has been removed completely.
- When portability matters.
- Usable from less than one meter down to 500 meters.
A unique feature of Innomar's parametric SBPs is the possibility to work in extremely shallow waters, even less than one metre. Devices can be mobilized on vessels of opportunity or autonomous platforms at various scales.
|Water Depth||0.5 – 100m||0.5 – 400m||0.5 – 400m||0.5 – 500m|
|Penetration||up to 20m||up to 40m||up to 40m||up to 50m|
|Frequencies||10kHz||4 – 15kHz||4 – 15kHz||4 – 15kHz|
|H / R / P comp.||✓ / – / –||✓ / – / –||✓ / – / –||✓ / ✓ / –|
For the Innomar compact SBP there is also a Sidescan Extension available (1 – 30m).
- When penetration is a key requirement.
- For shallow and deep-water applications down to full ocean depth.
Innomar's high-power models have larger transducers with increased source levels and operate with lower frequencies. Nevertheless, they provide narrow and focussed sound beams of less than 4 degrees which are electronically stabilised. The medium-100 is available as a portable device for small boats and USV installations, whereas the other high-power models are typically hull mounted.
|Water Depth||2 – 2,000m||2 – 2,500m||5 – 6,000m||10 – 11,000m|
|Penetration||up to 70m||up to 100m||up to 150m||up to 250m|
|Frequencies||4 – 15kHz||3 – 12kHz||2 – 7kHz||1 – 4kHz|
|H / R / P comp.||✓ / ✓ / –||✓ / ✓ / (✓)||✓ / ✓ / (✓)||✓ / ✓ / ✓|
- When the focus is on autonomy.
- Prepared for USV/ASV integration at all scales.
Innomar offers a wide range of sediment echosounders from which some models are especially designed for integration within remote-controlled or autonomous vehicles like USV, ASV, ROV or crawler.
|Water Depth||0.5 – 100m||0.5 – 500m||2 – 2,000m||1 – 400m|
|Penetration||up to 20m||up to 50m||up to 70m||up to 40m|
|Frequencies||10kHz||4 – 15kHz||4 – 15kHz||5 – 15kHz|
|H / R / P comp.||✓ / – / –||✓ / ✓ / –||✓ / ✓ / –||✓ / – / ✓|
We also offer a small inflatable ASV with integrated smart SBP and a deep-sea telemetry system:
- When 3D sub-seabed data can give additional answers.
- For buried structures, archaeology, pipeline, cable and boulder detection.
Innomar also offers two SBP models, which feature more than one transducer to easily get data at high point densities for 3D visualisation.
Devices can be mobilized on vessels of opportunity or autonomous platforms at various scales.
All Innomar parametric sub-bottom profilers come with a software package for online data acquisition and converting the SES data into other data formats. For post-processing we recommmend our ISE post-processing software, but you can also use third-party software.
- SESWIN online system control and data acquisition software
- ISE post-processing software, specialized on Innomar SBP data.
- SES Convert data converter software (SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII), to convert Innomar data for using any other post-processing software.
- SES Netview Ethernet remote display software for quality assurance and supervision.
Related Documents and Publications
- Innomar Products 2021-10 (7.3 MB)
- Parametric Technology for High Resolution Sub-bottom Profiling
(Published in Offshore Technology International 1/2009)
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.