Our main product is a family of parametric sub-bottom profilers (SBP, sediment echosounder). There are models for a wide water-depth range available, starting at shallow-water with less than one meter water-depth to full-ocean depth (11,000m). Most models are vessel-based with transducers mounted over the side or at the vessel's hull, but there are also models for USV/ASV integration or to be used on remotely operated vehicles (ROV). Innomar also offers a small surface vehicle (ASV/USV) with integrated SBP.
All Innomar SBP models are continiously improved without changing the model name. In the past there have been different names for the Innomar SBP product line, like Innomar SES-96, Innomar SES-2000 or just Innomar SES. In future the term "SES-xx" will not be part of the model name. This may cause irritation with ongoing tenders, but we ensure all our customers that you will get the intended product with the same or improved performance. For instance, the first two models with the changed naming convention ("standard" and "medium-xx" models) feature a smaller topside unit and 24-bit data recording whereas the acoustic performance is the same as the respective previous model generation.
The Innomar SBP product line consists of high-quality sub-bottom profilers for a wide range of in- and offshore applications. Parametric acoustics gives you excellent resolution and good penetration into the seabed at low frequencies. The high frequency channel is used to determine the water depth with high accuracy, too. Please see our summary on user benefits and advantages of parametric SBPs.
"Innomar standard" parametric sediment echosounder data example as shown during data aquisition
(frequency: 8kHz; very shallow water about 4m deep; penetration more than 8m).
Parametric SBP for shallow waters
Innomar offers a wide range of sediment echosounders for shallow waters with water depths between less than one meter and up to 500 meters. A unique feature of all of these Innomar SBP models is the ability to work in extremely shallow waters with water depths less than one metre.
- Innomar smart SBP
- Innomar compact SBP
- Innomar light SBP
- Innomar standard SBP
- Innomar quattro multi-transducer SBP with four transducers
- Innomar sixpack multi-transducer SBP with six transducers
Some of these models can easily be integrated into uncrewed surface vehicles (USV / ASV):
Parametric SBP for deep waters
Beside the shallow-water models there are several Innomar parametric sediment sounders for deep waters up to full ocean depth.
- Innomar medium-100 SBP for up to 2,000m water depth
- Innomar medium-70 SBP for up to 2,500m water depth
- Innomar deep-36 SBP for up to 6,000m water depth
- Innomar deep-15 SBP for up to 11,000m water depth
Some of these models can easily be integrated into uncrewed surface vehicles (USV / ASV) or remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROV / Crawler):
- Innomar medium-usv SBP for USV integration
- Innomar standard-rov SBP for ROV installation (depth rating 2,000m)
Please see also our deep-water data examples.
Innomar Vehicles and Accessories
Innomar also offers vehicles with integrated Innomar SBPs and accessesories related to the Innomar SBPs.
- Innomar autonomous SBP with USV
- Innomar Sidescan Extension (frequency 100kHz)
- Innomar IPLC-1500 deep-sea telemetry system
All Innomar parametric sub-bottom profilers come with a software package for online data acquisition and converting the SES data into other data formats. For post-processing we recommmend our ISE post-processing software, but you can also use third-party software.
- SESWIN online system control and data acquisition software
- ISE post-processing software, specialized on Innomar SBP data.
- SES Convert data converter software (SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII), to convert Innomar data for using any other post-processing software.
- SES Netview Ethernet remote display software for quality assurance and supervision.
Related Documents and Publications
- Parametric Technology for High Resolution Sub-bottom Profiling
(Published in Offshore Technology International 1/2009)