Innomar "compact" Sub-Bottom Profiler
The Innomar compact model was designed for inshore surveys in shallow-water down to 400 metres water depth, but can also be used in coastal areas.
Because of its small size and weght this system is convenient even on small boats. Controlled via Ethernet using any Windows based PC or laptop it is a user friendly and affordable design, too.
The Innomar compact model acquires full-waveform data that can be processed with any seismic software (SEG-Y format). Innomar also provides the ISE post-processing software specialized on the Innomar SBP data.
This model has been first launched as "SES-2000 compact" in 2002, the latest generation has been introduced in 2021.
For the Innomar compact SBP model there is a Sidescan Extension available.
Innomar compact parametric sub-bottom profiler echoprint data example
(water depth 1–2m; range 1–15m below sea level; frequency 10kHz; pulse width 0.2ms).
|Water Depth Range||0.5 – 400 m|
|Sediment Penetration||up to 40 m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Range / Layer Resolution||approx. 1 cm / up to 5 cm|
|Transmit Beam Width (-3dB)||approx. ±2° / footprint <7% of water depth|
|Primary Frequencies (PF)||approx. 100 kHz (frequency band 85 – 115 kHz)|
|PF Source Level / Acoustic Power||>238 dB//µPa re 1m / ~2.3 kW|
|Secondary Low Frequency (SLF)||centre freq. user selectable: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 kHz(total frequency band 2 – 22 kHz)|
|Pulse Width||user selectable 0.07 – 1.0 ms|
|Pulse Type||Ricker, CW|
|Ping Rate||up to 50 pings/s|
|Topside Unit (Transceiver)||W 0.30m × D 0.40m × H 0.20m (½19''/4U) / 15kg|
|Transducer (20m cable)||W 0.34m × D 0.26m × H 0.08m / 22kg incl. cable|
|Heave / Roll / Pitch Compensation||heave (depending on external sensor data)|
|Data Acquisition||digital 16 bit @ ~70 kHz sample rate; PF 100 kHz envelope echosounder data / bottom track;SLF full-waveform sub-bottom data|
|Auxiliary Input||GNSS, HRP sensor, trigger|
|Auxiliary Output||trigger, bottom track|
|Power Supply||100–240 V AC / <150 Woptional external DC power inverter (12 V or 24 V)|
|Control / Data Storage PC||external (e.g. laptop PC); not included|
- SLF full waveform data acquisition (sub-bottom data) / Innomar "RAW" data format
- Multi-ping mode for maintaining a high pulse rate for water depths more than 50 meters
- Multi-frequency signals
- Sidescan extension (100kHz; interchangable with SBP transducer)
- external DC power adapter (12 V or 24 V)
- Pre-configured laptop PC (control unit)
- Transducer bracket for over-side-mounting
- Transducer frame with integrated shock absorbers for hull-mounting
- SESWIN data acquisition software
- SES Convert data converter software (RAW to SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII)
- SES NetView for display of online echoprints and system information on remote computers (via Ethernet) for QC
- ISE post-processing software (optional)
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.