Innomar "medium-100" Sub-Bottom Profiler
The Innomar medium-100 parametric sub-bottom profiler is designed for offshore applications down to 2,000m water depth. The transducer can be either mounted over-the-side or in the hull.
The Innomar medium-100 SBP acquires full-waveform data (24 bit) that can be processed with any seismic software (SEG-Y format). Innomar also provides the ISE post-processing software specialized on the Innomar SBP data.
Application examples are given in the Deep Water Applications section.
The first generation of this SBP model was introduced in 2004 ("SES-2000 medium") while the latest generation has been launched in 2020. The Innomar medium-100 model has been formerly also known as "SES-2000 medium", "SES-2000 medium-100" and "SES medium-100".
Innomar medium-100 SBP data example in shallow water
(range 35–60m; Northsea sand area; frequency 8kHz).
Innomar medium-100 SBP data example in deep water; two data snippets zoomed in
(range 1720–1860m; water depth c. 1800m; frequency 5kHz).
Please find some installation and data examples below (click on picture to enlarge).
|Water Depth Range||2 – 2,000 m|
|Sediment Penetration||up to 70 m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Range / Layer Resolution||approx. 1 cm / up to 5 cm|
|Transmit Beam Width (-3dB)||approx. ±1° / footprint <3.5% of water depth|
|Primary Frequencies (PF)||approx. 100 kHz (frequency band 85 – 115 kHz)|
|PF Source Level / Acoustic Power||>247 dB//µPa re 1m / ~5.5 kW|
|Secondary Low Frequency (SLF)||centre freq. user selectable: 3.5, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 kHz (total frequency band 2 – 22 kHz)|
|Pulse Width||user selectable 0.07 – 3.5 ms|
|Pulse Type||Ricker, CW, LFM chirp|
|Ping Rate||up to 40 pings/s|
|Topside Unit (Transceiver)||W 0.52m × D 0.40m × H 0.44m (19''/9U) / 44kg|
|Transducer (incl. 30m cable)||pole-mounted: W 0.50m × D 0.50m × H 0.12m / 60kg hull-mounted: W 0.60m × D 0.50m × H 0.20m / 90kg|
|Heave / Roll / Pitch Compensation||heave, roll (depending on external sensor data)|
|Data Acquisition||digital 24 bit @ 96 kHz sample rate; PF 100 kHz envelope echosounder data / bottom track;SLF full-waveform sub-bottom data|
|Auxiliary Input||GNSS, HRP sensor, trigger|
|Auxiliary Output||trigger, bottom track, analogue SLF|
|Power Supply||100–240 V AC / <400 W|
|Control / Data Storage PC||internal PC (Windows® 10); included|
- Roll beam stabilization
- SLF full waveform data acquisition (sub-bottom data) / Innomar "RAW" data format
- 24 bit SLF full waveform data acquisition / Innomar "SES3" data format
- Multi-ping mode for maintaining a high pulse rate in deep waters
- Multi-frequency signals
- LFM chirp (5 – 15 kHz)
- KVM extender for remote control
- SESWIN basic remote-control via COM / UDP (e.g. line start/stop, line name)
- SESWIN extended remote-control via Ethernet (TCP/IP)
- Rugged housing with shock absorbers (MIL standard, IP65)
- Transducer frame with integrated shock absorbers for hull-mounting
- SESWIN data acquisition software
- SES Convert data converter software (RAW to SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII)
- SES NetView for display of online echoprints and system information on remote computers (via Ethernet) for QC
- ISE post-processing software
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.