Innomar "medium-70" Sub-Bottom Profiler
The Innomar medium-70 parametric sub-bottom profiler is designed for offshore applications down to 2,500m water depth.
This model is available in two versions. The basic version features heave and roll compensation while the "POM" version offers additional pitch compensation.
The Innomar medium-70 SBP acquires full-waveform data that can be processed with any seismic software (SEG-Y format). Innomar also provides the ISE post-processing software specialized on the Innomar SBP data.
A new generation of this model has been launched in 2020. The topside unit's weight and size is reduced by more than 35%. The Innomar medium-70 model has been formerly also known as "SES-2000 medium-70" and "SES medium-70".
Innomar medium-70 parametric sub-bottom profiler echoprint data example
(range 340m–480m; sediment penetration up to 50m; frequency 10kHz).
|Water Depth Range||2 – 2,500 m|
|Sediment Penetration||up to 100 m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Range / Layer Resolution||approx. 1 cm / up to 8 cm|
|Transmit Beam Width (-3dB)||approx. ±1.5° / footprint <5.5% of water depth|
|Primary Frequencies (PF)||approx. 70 kHz (frequency band 60 – 80 kHz)|
|PF Source Level / Acoustic Power||>246 dB//µPa re 1m / ~7.5 kW|
|Secondary Low Frequency (SLF)||centre freq. user selectable: 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 kHz(total frequency band 1.5 – 15 kHz)|
|Pulse Width||user selectable 0.1 – 5 ms|
|Pulse Type||Ricker, CW, LFM chirp|
|Ping Rate||up to 40 pings/s|
|Topside Unit (Transceiver)||W 0.52m × D 0.40m × H 0.58m (19''/12U) / 77kg|
|Transducer (30m cable)||W 0.60m × D 0.60m × H 0.25m / 150kg (excl. cable)|
|Heave / Roll / Pitch Compensation||heave, roll, (pitch); depending on external sensor data|
|Data Acquisition||digital 24 bit @ 96 kHz sample rate; PF 70 kHz envelope echosounder data / bottom track;SLF full-waveform sub-bottom data|
|Auxiliary Input||GNSS, HRP sensor, trigger|
|Auxiliary Output||trigger, bottom track, analogue SLF|
|Power Supply||100–240 V AC / <450 W|
|Control / Data Storage PC||internal PC (Windows® 10); included|
- Roll beam stabilization
- SLF full waveform data acquisition (sub-bottom data) / Innomar "RAW" data format
- 24 bit SLF full waveform data acquisition / Innomar "SES3" data format
- Multi-ping mode for maintaining a high pulse rate in deep waters
- Multi-frequency signals
- LFM chirp (3 – 12 kHz)
- KVM extender for remote control
- SESWIN basic remote-control via COM / UDP (e.g. line start/stop, line name)
- Transducer frame with integrated shock absorbers for hull-mounting
- SESWIN extended remote-control via Ethernet (TCP/IP)
- Pitch beam stabilization
- Bottom slope control
- SESWIN data acquisition software
- SES Convert data converter software (RAW to SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII)
- SES NetView for display of online echoprints and system information on remote computers (via Ethernet) for QC
- ISE post-processing software
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.