Innomar "standard-rov" SBP for ROV integration
The Innomar standard-rov model performs like an Innomar standard SBP and is intended to be used on ROVs or other vehicles working up to 2,000m below sea level.
The high ping rate, a small footprint and the possibility of transmitting sound pulses over a wide frequency range ensure echoprints with excellent resolution and very good sediment penetration. Electronic beam stabilization along track (pitch) is used to compensate movements when the ROV follows the seabed.
A user-friendly Windows data acquisition and system control software (SESWIN) is used for remote (Ethernet) operation. The Innomar standard-rov model acquires full-waveform data that can be processed with any seismic software (SEG-Y format). Innomar also provides the ISE post-processing software specialized on the Innomar SBP data.
The first generation of this model ("SES-2000 ROV") has been launched in 2003, the latest generation was introduced in 2013.
|Depth ratingRange below transducer||1 – 2,000 m below water level1 – 400 m|
|Sediment penetration||up to 40 m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Range / Layer resolution||approx. 1 cm / up to 5 cm|
|Transmit beam width (-3dB)||approx. ±2° / footprint <7% of altitude|
|Primary frequencies (PF)||approx. 100 kHz (frequency band 85 – 115 kHz)|
|Primary source level / Acoustic Power||>240 dB//µPa re 1m / ~3 kW|
|Secondary low frequency (SLF)||centre freq. user selectable: 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 kHz(total frequency band 4 – 22 kHz)|
|Pulse width||user selectable 0.07 – 1.5 ms|
|Pulse type||Ricker, CW, LFM chirp|
|Ping rate||up to 40 pings/s|
|Subsea housing (titanium)||∅0.28m × L 0.75m / weight 58kg in air (water: 15kg)|
|Transducer||∅0.47m × H 0.06m / weight 32kg in air (water: 24kg)|
|Heave / Roll / Pitch compensation||heave, roll or pitch (depending on ext. sensor data)|
|Data acquisition||digital 24 bit @ ~70 kHz sample rate; PF 100 kHz envelope echosounder data / bottom track;SLF full-waveform sub-bottom data|
|Auxiliary Input||GNSS, HRP sensor, trigger, altitude|
|Auxiliary Output||trigger, bottom track|
|Power Supply||100–240 V AC or 115–370 V DC / <250 W (optional 20–30 V DC power input)|
|Control / Data Storage PC||external (e.g. laptop PC); not included|
- Roll or Pitch beam stabilization
- SLF full waveform data acquisition (sub-bottom data) / Innomar "RAW" data format
- 24 bit SLF full waveform data acquisition / Innomar "SES3" data format
- Multi-ping mode for maintaining a high pulse rate in deep waters
- Multi-frequency signals
- LFM chirp (5 – 15 kHz)
- SESWIN basic remote-control via COM / UDP (e.g. line start/stop, line name)
- Power supply from AC or high-voltage DC
- Low-voltage DC power input 20–30 V DC
- SESWIN data acquisition software
- SES Convert data converter software (RAW to SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII)
- SES NetView for display of online echoprints and system information on remote computers (via Ethernet) for QC
- ISE post-processing software
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.