Innomar "standard" Sub-Bottom Profiler
From the wide range of Innomar parametric sub-bottom profilers the Innomar standard model is the most versatile one: it is small enough to be used on small boats for inshore surveys but also powerful enough to be applicable for offshore surveys down to 500 meters water depth.
The high ping rate, small footprint and the possibility of transmitting sound pulses over a wide frequency range ensure sub-seafloor data with excellent resolution and very good sediment penetration. Electronic beam stabilization will give good results under bad weather conditions, too.
A user-friendly data acquisition and system control software (SESWIN) provides the possibility for network remote operation as well as remote data visualization.
The Innomar standard model acquires full-waveform data that can be processed with any seismic software (SEG-Y format). Innomar also provides the ISE post-processing software specialized on the Innomar SBP data.
This model was the first Innomar SBP model ("SES-96 standard") at all, introduced to the international market in 1997. The latest generation has been launched end of 2020.
The "Innomar standard" model has been formerly also known as "SES-96 standard", "SES-2000 standard" and "SES standard".
Innomar standard SBP data example (frequency 8kHz; range 160–205m).
|Water Depth Range||0.5 – 500 m|
|Sediment Penetration||up to 50 m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Range / Layer Resolution||approx. 1 cm / up to 5 cm|
|Transmit Beam Width (-3dB)||approx. ±2° / footprint <7% of water depth|
|Primary Frequencies (PF)||approx. 100 kHz (frequency band 85 – 115 kHz)|
|PF Source Level / Acoustic Power||>240 dB//µPa re 1m / ~3.5 kW|
|Secondary Low Frequency (SLF)||centre freq. user selectable: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 kHz(total frequency band 2 – 22 kHz)|
|Pulse Width||user selectable 0.07 – 1.5 ms|
|Pulse Type||Ricker, CW, LFM chirp|
|Ping Rate||up to 50 pings/s|
|Topside Unit (Transceiver)||W 0.52m × D 0.40m × H 0.34m (19''/7U) / 35kg|
|Transducer (30m cable)||W 0.34m × D 0.26m × H 0.08m / 30kg incl. cable|
|Heave / Roll / Pitch Compensation||heave, roll (depending on external sensor data)|
|Data Acquisition||digital 16 (24) bit @ 96 kHz sample rate; PF 100 kHz envelope echosounder data / bottom track;SLF full-waveform sub-bottom data|
|Auxiliary Input||GNSS, HRP sensor, trigger|
|Auxiliary Output||trigger, bottom track, analogue SLF|
|Power Supply||100–240 V AC / <300 Woptional external DC power inverter (12 V or 24 V)|
|Control / Data Storage PC||internal PC (Windows® 10); included|
- Roll beam stabilization
- SLF full waveform data acquisition (sub-bottom data) / Innomar "RAW" data format
- 24 bit SLF full waveform data acquisition / Innomar "SES3" data format
- Multi-ping mode for maintaining a high pulse rate in deep waters
- Multi-frequency signals
- LFM chirp (5 – 15 kHz)
- SESWIN basic remote-control via COM / UDP (e.g. line start/stop, line name)
- SESWIN extended remote-control via Ethernet (TCP/IP)
- KVM extender for remote control
- external DC power adapter (12 V or 24 V)
- Rugged housing with shock absorbers (MIL standard, IP65)
- Transducer bracket for over-side-mounting
- Transducer frame with integrated shock absorbers for hull-mounting
- SESWIN data acquisition software
- SES Convert data converter software (RAW to SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII)
- SES NetView for display of online echoprints and system information on remote computers (via Ethernet) for QC
- ISE post-processing software
Related Documents and Publications
- Breuer, S. et al (2013): Glacial and tectonic control on fjord morphology and sediment deposition in the Magellan region (53°S), Chile Marine Geology, 346(2013), pp. 31-46. DOI:10.1016/j.margeo.2013.07.015
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.