5th Workshop "Seabed Acoustics" 2011
The 5th workshop "Seabed Acoustics" took place November 17/18, 2011 in Rostock-Warnemünde (Germany).
Thanks to all of the more than 100 attendees from 11 countries for coming and to the speakers giving presentations on a wide range of applications. During the breaks and dinner there were many opportunities to exchange experiences and for networking.
At the second day there was a live demo of different survey eqipment on a river boat.
On the first day of the workshop there were presentations given on a wide range of applications of underwater acoustic equipment:
- Dehling, Th. (Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency, BSH, Germany):150 years of governmental hydrography in Germany
- Sauer, A.; Böder, V. (HCU Hamburg, Germany):Parametric sub-bottom profiling in (extremely) shallow lakes
- Starikov, V. (Peter Diving Service, Russia):Using SES-2000 SBP for exploring shallow waters – recent results
- Richter, Chr.; Meier, F. (Fugro Consult GmbH, Germany):Application of Geoelectrics and SES-2000 SBP under difficult conditions – Red Mud investigation and other case stories
- van den Brom, S. (Koninklijke Boskalis Westminster nv, The Netherlands):Monitoring sandfill quality in Khalifa Port using parametric SBP
- Maushake, Chr. (Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute, Germany):A multisensor approach to study hydro- and morphodynamics in estuaries
- Preston, J. (Quester Tangent Corp., Canada):Acoustic remote sensing of sediments in the Weser River with Atlas "Fansweep 20" MBES and Innomar "SES-2000 light plus" sidescan sonar
- Endler, M., Leipe, Th. (Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemünde, Germany):Composition, spatial distribution and dynamics of suspended particulate matter (SPM) in the Beibu Gulf, South China Sea
- Gimpel, P. (L-3 ELAC Nautik, Germany):SUGAR Project: Multibeam echo sounder as very efficient tool for the location of gashydrate deposits
- Ingulfsen, J.A. (DOF Subsea Atlantic, Norway):Experience with Innomar SES-2000 Medium / SES-2000 ROV and Norwegian Requirements
- Levchenko, O. (P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology, RAS Moscow, Russia) et al.:Correlation of VHR seismic reflection profiles SES-2000 deep with sediment cores – a valid approach to study deep sea sediments structure and origin of internal reflectors
- Schaake, K. (Landesamt für Kultur und Denkmalpflege, LAKD-MV, Germany):Wismar Bay – A waterway trough history
- Wunderlich, J.; Lowag, J. (INNOMAR, Germany):Using a multi-transducer parametric SBP to acquire data of buried structures at high spatial resolution for 3-D visualization
- Rust, M. (ARIVIS, Germany):High-resolution visualization and analysis of point clouds using arivis software tools
- Knobloch, Ph.; Markwardt, Ph.:QPA Peripheral Device – Tool to measure small and irregular profiles
- Dürkop, K. (L-3 ELAC Nautik GmbH, Germany):SeaBeam 1180 and SeaBeam 3000/3100 multibeam echosounders
- Barker, P. (SMC Ship Motion Control, Sweden):IMU-108 low-cost motion reference unit
- Wunderlich, J. (INNOMAR GmbH, Germany):Parametric Sub-bottom Profilers SES-2000 – New Developments 2011
Survey Equipment Demo at Sea
During the second day equipment of different manufacturers was shown in operation on a river boat. All acoustic equipment (SBP, sidescan and MBES) was operated simultaneously without any interference visible in the data sets.
- INNOMAR SES-2000 light plus sub-bottom profiler and sidescan sonar,
- INNOMAR SES-2000 compact sub-bottom profiler (new generation 2011),
- L-3 ELAC Nautik multibeam echosounder SeaBeam 1180,
- Ship Motion Control (SMC) motion (HRP) sensor IMU-108.
Thanks to all people who made this workshop a success!