9th Workshop "Seabed Acoustics" 2019
Save the date: November 14/15, 2019
Call For Papers
Since 2001 Innomar has been hosting the user conference "Seabed Acoustics". The 9th conference will take place 14/15th November 2019 in "Hotel Neptun" in Rostock-Warnemünde (Germany).
You may still have good memories on the previous workshops. We received much positive feedback and are now going to prepare this year's event where we expect to have more than 100 attendees again.
For the first day presentations and discussions about development projects, techno-logy reports and user experiences in the field of acoustical seabed investigation are planned. Traditionally an informal dinner will close the first day. During the second day equipment of different manufacturers will be shown in operation on a river boat. On day two there will be also a dedicated user workshop.
If you like to present your work during this workshop (time for oral presentations is 20 minutes plus 5 minutes discussion), please send the title of the presentation until 15th August 2019 using the contact form (topic "Workshop Seabed Acoustics"). Authors will be notified by end of August. The workshop fee is waived for one speaker per presentation. All presentations will be made available for download (PDF format) at the workshop website afterwards.
Workshop language is English. Presentations should address one of the following topics with the main focus on applications:
- high-resolution sub-bottom profiling,
- acoustics for inshore and offshore installations (pre-site investigations, pipeline and cable inspection, risk mitigation, etc.),
- using various acoustic profiling systems simultaneously, e.g. sub-bottom profiler, multi-beam, side scan sonar,
- underwater archaeology and buried object detection,
- underwater acoustic signal and image processing,
- acoustic seafloor characterization.
However, this list is not exclusive. If you have an interesting story to talk about that is not covered by the topics listed above, please feel free to propose this as well.
We are looking forward to get a lot of interesting proposals.
- August 15, 2019: Title of presentation
- August 31, 2019: Notification sent to authors
- November 1, 2019: Registration closes
- November 14, 2019: Workshop starts