Innomar SES-2000 light plus Sub-Bottom Profiler
and Dual-Frequency Sidescan Sonar
The Innomar SES-2000 light plus model acquires simultaneously sub-seafloor and sidescan data in shallow water.
A unique feature of this model is the integrated dual-frequency sidecan sonar. In total you get three data sets for each survey line: single-beam echosounder, sub-bottom and sidescan data.
All transducers are pole-mounted at the same location. Having just one reference point simplifies processing. No deployment or recovery of towed items is necessary, which reduces survey time and minimizes the probabilty of equipment damage or loss.
The Innomar SES-2000 light plus model acquires full-waveform SBP data that can be processed with any seismic software (SEG-Y format), sidescan data can be converted to XTF data format that can be processed with a wide range of third-party software. Innomar also provides the ISE post-processing software specialized on the Innomar SES-2000 SBP data.
Innomar SES-2000 light plus data example (frequency: SBP 8kHz, Sidescan 410kHz; water depth 4 meters).
|Water Depth Range||0.5 – 400m|
|Sediment Penetration||up to 40m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Range / Layer Resolution||approx. 1cm / up to 5cm|
|Transmit Beam Width (-3dB)||approx. ±2° / footprint <7% of water depth|
|Primary Frequencies (PF)||approx. 100kHz (frequency band 85 – 115 kHz)|
|PF Source Level / Acoustic Power||>238 dB//µPa re 1m / ~2 kW|
|Secondary Low Frequency (SLF)||centre freq. user selectable: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 kHz(total frequency band 2 – 22 kHz)|
|Pulse Width||user selectable 0.07 – 1.0 ms|
|Pulse Type||Ricker, CW|
|Ping Rate||up to 50 pings/s|
|Topside Unit (Transceiver)||W 0.52m × D 0.40m × H 0.35m (19''/7U) / 34kg|
|Transducer (20m cable)||W 0.34m × D 0.26m × H 0.08m / 22kg incl. cable|
|Heave / Roll / Pitch Compensation||heave (depending on external sensor data)|
|Data Acquisition||digital 16bit @ 96kHz sample rate; PF 100kHz envelope echosounder data / bottom track;SLF full-waveform sub-bottom data|
|Auxiliary Input||GNSS, HRP sensor, trigger|
|Auxiliary Output||trigger, bottom track, analogue SLF|
|Power Supply||100–240V AC or 12/24V DC (option) / <250W|
|Water Depth Range||0.5 – 30m|
|Frequencies||250, 410, 600 kHz|
|Source Level||>210 dB//µPa re 1m|
|Pulse Type||CW (40µs, 80µs) / LFM chirp (500µs / 35kHz)|
|Beam Width (-3dB)||approx. 0.8° × 58° for all frequencies|
|Depression Angle||30° / 40°|
|Data Acquisition||envelope (digital 16bit / up to 96kHz)|
|Transducer (SSS; 20m cable)||0.50m × 0.06m × 0.06m / weight 10kg incl. cable|
Included SBP Features
- SLF full waveform data acquisition (sub-bottom data)
- Multi-ping mode for maintaining a high pulse rate in deep waters
- Multi-frequency signals
- External DC power converter
- Rugged housing with shock absorbers, IP65
- Transducer mounting bracket
- SESWIN data acquisition software
- SES Convert data converter software (SES/RAW to SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII)
- SES NetView for display of online echoprints and system information on remote computers (via Ethernet) for QC
- ISE post-processing software incl. GIS module
- SES SSProcessor simple sidescan mosaic processing software
Related Documents and User Publications
- Chronis, A. et al. (2014): Student Research Project in Hydrography: Relationship between Gas-bearing Sediments and Biogenic Mounds, Hydro International, 18 (8), Nov/Dec 2014, pp. 22-25.
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.