Innomar SES-2000 quattro Sub-Bottom Profiler
The Innomar SES-2000 quattro multi-transducer sub-bottom profiler is designed for applications which need very high data density in extremely shallow waters. These applications include pipeline and cable surveys, risk mitigation at offshore building sites or archeological surveys.
The Innomar SES-2000 quattro model acquires full-waveform data that can be processed with any seismic software (SEG-Y format). Innomar also provides the ISE post-processing software specialized on the Innomar SES-2000 SBP data. For three-dimensional visualization of the sub-bottom data, Innomar provides a gridding tool and third-party visualization software.
Innomar SES-2000 quattro parametric sub-bottom profiler data example showing a partly buried Viking Age wooden construction. Data rendered for 3D visualization.
Four highly portable transducers can be assembled in different ways to provide optimal solutions for different survey tasks:
|Quad beam mode (QBM)
|Quad beam mode with wide receiver (QBMW)
|Triple beam mode (TBM)
|Dual beam mode (DBM)
||Single beam mode (SBM)
|Quad Beam Mode (QBM)|
|PF Source Level / Acoustic Power||>235 dB//µPa re 1m / ~2 kW|
|Transmit beam width (-3dB)||approx. ±2.5° for all frequencies|
|Water depth range||0.5 – 30 m|
|Sediment penetration||up to 20 m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Ping rate||up to 15 pings/s per transducer|
Single Beam Mode (SBM)
|PF Source Level / Acoustic Power||>245 dB//µPa re 1m / ~4 kW|
|Transmit beam width (-3dB)||approx. ±1.5° for all frequencies|
|Water depth range||1 – 500 m|
|Sediment penetration||up to 50 m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Ping rate||up to 60 pings/s|
|Range / Layer resolution||approx. 1 cm / up to 5 cm|
|Primary frequencies (PF)||approx. 100 kHz (frequency band 85 – 115 kHz)|
|Secondary low frequencies (SLF)||centre freq. user selectable: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 kHz|
|SLF total frequency band||2 – 22 kHz|
|Pulse type||Ricker, CW|
|Pulse width||user selectable 0.07 – 1.0 ms|
|Topside unit (transceiver)||0.52m × 0.40m × 0.30m (19''/6U) / weight 32kg|
|Transducer (excl. cable)||4 × (0.21m × 0.21m × 0.06m / 5kg)|
|Heave / Roll / Pitch compensation||yes / no / no (depending on sensor data)|
|Data acquisition||digital 24 bit @ 96 kHz sample rate; PF 100 kHz envelope echosounder data / bottom track;SLF full-waveform sub-bottom data|
|Auxiliary Inputs||GNSS, HRP sensor, true heading, trigger|
|Auxiliary Outputs||trigger, bottom track, analogue LF|
|Power Supply||100–240 V AC / <300 W (opt. DC power converter)|
- 24 bit SLF full waveform data acquisition (sub-bottom data)
- Multi-ping mode for maintaining a high pulse rate in deep waters
- Multi-frequency signals
- External DC power converter
- Rugged housing with shock absorbers, IP65
- Transducer mounting bracket
- SESWIN data acquisition software
- SES Convert data converter software (SES/RAW to SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII)
- SES NetView for display of online echoprints and system information on remote computers (via Ethernet) for QC
- ISE post-processing software incl. GIS module
Related Documents and Publications
- Missiaen T, Evangelinos D, Claerhout C, et al. (2017): Archaeological prospection of the nearshore and intertidal area using ultra-high resolution marine acoustic techniques: results from a test study on the Belgian coast at Ostend-Raversijde. Geoarchaeology. 2017;1–15. (https://doi.org/10.1002/gea.21656)
- Missiaen, T.; Lowag, J. (2015): Case study for the application of the SES-2000 quattro system during marine archaelogical insvestigation near Ostend, Belgium.
- Missiaen, T. (2015): 2D and 3D acoustic investigation of a submerged archaeological site near Ostend, Belgium. Proc. Seabed Acoustics 2015, Rostock, Germany, Nov. 19–20, 2015.
- Lowag, J. et al. (2010): Three-dimensional investigation of buried structures with multi-transducer parametric sub-bottom profiler as part of hydrographical applications. Proc. Hydro 2010, Rostock-Warnemünde, Germany, Nov. 02–05, 2010.
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.