Innomar SES-2000 quattro Sub-Bottom Profiler
The Innomar SES-2000 quattro multi-transducer sub-bottom profiler is designed for applications which need very high data density in extremely shallow waters. These applications include pipeline and cable surveys, risk mitigation at offshore building sites or archeological surveys.
The Innomar SES-2000 quattro model acquires full-waveform data that can be processed with any seismic software (SEG-Y format). Innomar also provides the ISE post-processing software specialized on the Innomar SES-2000 SBP data. For three-dimensional visualization of the sub-bottom data, Innomar provides a gridding tool and third-party visualization software.
Four highly portable transducers can be assembled in different ways to provide optimal solutions for different survey tasks:
- Single beam mode (SBM): square array for best sediment penetration (one survey line),
- Dual beam mode (DBM): two transducers combined (two survey lines),
- Triple beam mode (TBM): line array using two transducers combined (three survey lines),
- Quad beam mode (QBM): line array using single transducers for highest data density (four survey lines).
Innomar SES-2000 quattro parametric sub-bottom profiler data example showing a partly buried Viking Age wooden construction. Data rendered for 3D visualization.
|Quad Beam Mode (QBM)|
|Primary source level||>235dB//µPa re 1m|
|Transmit beam width (-3dB)||approx. ±2.5° for all frequencies|
|Water depth range||0.5 – 30m|
|Sediment penetration||up to 20m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
Single Beam Mode (SBM)
|Primary source level||>245dB//µPa re 1m|
|Transmit beam width (-3dB)||approx. ±1.5° for all frequencies|
|Water depth range||0.5 – 500m|
|Sediment penetration||up to 50m (depending on sediment type and noise)|
|Range / Layer resolution||<1cm / up to 5cm|
|Primary frequencies (PF)||approx. 100kHz (frequency band 85 – 115kHz)|
|Secondary low frequencies (SLF)||centre freq. user selectable: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15kHz|
|SLF total frequency band||2 – 22kHz|
|Pulse type||Ricker, CW|
|Pulse width||user selectable 0.07 – 1.0ms|
|Ping rate||up to 60 pings/s|
|Topside unit (transceiver)||0.52m × 0.40m × 0.30m (19''/6U) / weight 32kg|
|Transducer (excl. cable)||4 × (0.21m × 0.21m × 0.06m / 5kg)|
|Heave / Roll / Pitch compensation||yes / no / no (depending on sensor data)|
|Data acquisition||digital 24bit @ 96kHz sample rate; PF 100kHz envelope echosounder data / bottom track;SLF full-waveform sub-bottom data|
|Auxiliary Inputs||GNSS, HRP sensor, true heading, trigger|
|Auxiliary Outputs||trigger, bottom track, analogue LF|
|Power Supply||100–240V AC / <300W (opt. DC power converter)|
- SLF full waveform data acquisition (sub-bottom data)
- Multi-ping mode for maintaining a high pulse rate in deep waters
- Multi-frequency signals
- External DC power converter
- Rugged housing with shock absorbers, IP65
- Transducer mounting bracket
- SESWIN data acquisition software
- SES Convert data converter software (SES/RAW to SEG-Y, XTF, ASCII)
- SES NetView for display of online echoprints and system information on remote computers (via Ethernet) for QC
- ISE post-processing software incl. GIS module
Related Documents and Publications
- Missiaen, T.; Lowag, J. (2015): Case study for the application of the SES-2000 quattro system during marine archaelogical insvestigation near Ostend, Belgium (2015).
- Missiaen, T. (2015): 2D and 3D acoustic investigation of a submerged archaeological site near Ostend, Belgium. Proc. Seabed Acoustics 2015, Rostock, Germany, 19-20 November 2015.
- Lowag, J. et al. (2010): Three-dimensional investigation of buried structures with multi-transducer parametric sub-bottom profiler as part of hydrographical applications. Proc. Hydro 2010, Rostock-Warnemünde, Germany, 02-05 November 2010.
Technical specifications are subject of change without notice.